Sunday 6 November 2011

Getting excited

It was my last day at work on Friday, which means I'm going to leave Finland in a couple of days. It wasn't very nice to quit my job because I quite liked it and I had a good time working there with nice people, but I hope I won't regret leaving my job when I get to Australia.
I'm going to do some things in town tomorrow (Monday), such as change some money which I could've done a bit earlier because I don't even know how much cash I should take with me to Australia and Hong Kong. In Hong Kong I won't need very much money because I'm only going there for 2 days (unless I decide to do a lot of shopping, which I can't really do because I can't buy many things and carry them with me), but to Australia I should take quite a lot of money I think. Not too much though, because all the people know that tourists have money so it's easy to steal money from tourists...
But I guess it's not a good idea to travel without any cash. I don't think I want to use my credit/debit card in all the places where I want to buy something...

I've tried to do some packing and my backpack is quite full of stuff at the moment. It doesn't feel too heavy though and it's not very hard to carry it. So I hope it's going to be fine. I have no idea what kind of clothes I SHOULD take with me so I'm just taking some clothes that I think I'll need... Obviously it's hot in Australia so I need summer clothes but I can't leave Finland wearing just a t-shirt because it's damn cold here.
But at least I'm not taking my winter coat, that's for sure.

Earlier I wasn't sure if it's a good decision to go to Australia for such a long time now, but as the weather is getting very boring in Finland and everything's grey and wet and it looks like everything is DEAD, I don't think it's a bad decision to travel somewhere nice and hot with good beaches and happy people and  beautiful landscapes! I think it will be pretty amazing when I sit on the beach or walk outside in the warm weather exploring new places, while it's raining and snowing in Finland and all the people here are sad/angry/annoyed/depressed and doing those same things they always do here...
I just love it when I do something new and different. When I'm older I have time to do those normal boring things in Finland if I want to.

I'm not even nervous anymore, I'm just quite excited about going away.
We have done some planning with my friend (wow, planning! That's not like me really) about where we're going to go while she is in Australia with me for 3 weeks. We were thinking of going to the south from Sydney, maybe to Melbourne and Adelaide and to some places in the South Australia. I think it could be good to do that, so then I could travel to the Northern Australia when my friend goes back to Finland.
In the South there is also the Great Ocean Road that sounds and looks very nice so maybe we are going to travel that way.

I hope I won't have any problems at the airports because I would hate to be in trouble at some airport.
And I hope that the 13 hour flight won't be too boring... Maybe it will be, but let's hope I won't go insane if I'm too bored.

I can't believe I'm going to be far far away from Finland on Wednesday night... And at the end of the week I'm going to be as far away as you can get from here! Let's see what happens, it really is quite exciting :)







'

No comments:

Post a Comment