Sunday 23 October 2011

2 weeks to go!

Oh my gosh, where has the time gone? It's only two weeks and two days until I have to be ready to go to the other side of the world. Scary? Maybe a little bit. As I booked my flights in August about 3 months ago I thought I have enough time to do everything before November because it seemed to be "far away in the future". But oops, all the weeks have gone so fast and I haven't even thought about packing my backpack yet. What do I have to take with me when I'm going to Australia and don't even know when I'm coming back? Any ideas?

It was absolutely lovely to visit England last week and the whole week there was awesome. It was so great to see all the people again and visit the places where I spent my time when I lived in the UK. Yes I spent quite a lot of money and I couldn't resist shopping in Primark (I realised that I should've stayed in the UK instead of moving back to Finland because I think many things are nearly free of charge in the UK compared to the prices in Finland... I simply can't afford shopping [or drinking] here) but it's okay because it was worth all the money I spent and the week was just perfect thanks to one special person :)

A couple of weeks ago I started panicking about going to Australia but now for some reason I don't feel very scared anymore. I know that I still have some things to do but it seems like I'm leaving everything until the last minute. I hate panicking so I have to calm down and believe that everythin's going to be alright.
At least I've finally booked my hostel in Hong Kong! It took quite a while to find out where to stay but after searching some cheap hostels on the internet I chose one that seemed to be okay.
Three months ago I even got some Australia guide books from the library but have I read them? No I haven't. I've found out a few things about Australia, including the fact that there are a couple of world's most dangerous spider species in some areas. Nice.
 But anyway, in two weeks I'm hopefully more ready to go than I'm now and maybe also more scared and excited! And probably thinking "what the hell am I doing".

No comments:

Post a Comment